Saturday, August 6, 2011

Classroom Management

Behavior Clip Chart
I have been using a basic behavior chart for 3 years now. This past year, the behavior chart did not make much of a difference with my class and their behavior. For the most part, it was my fault because I didn't follow through with most of the consequences. My students quickly understood that turning their cards to red really didn't ruin their day so much. So I have decided to change things up a bit. 
I came across this website http://bainbridgeclass.com/rules.htm one night while I was searching for ideas. This teacher uses a clip chart method which requires some construction paper, glue, and wooden clothespins. Once you have it together, it should be laminated and then it's done! When the students reach the outstanding section, they add a gem to their clothespin. (This will go with my under the sea theme! I'll put a treasure box at the top of the chart but I'll need a cute title!) I know my students will be excited to fill up their clothespins with jewels. What I love the most about this method is that students do it all on their own. They move their clips up or down when they are caught doing something good... or bad! If their clip reaches the "outstanding"box, they  receive a "happy postcard" to send home to their parents. Click on this link to see her great postcard. http://www.bainbridgeclass.com/clipchartpostcard.png 
The students who get to red receive a behavior reflection form for their parents to sign and return. Here's the link for that. http://www.bainbridgeclass.com/behavior_reflection.pdf



Can't wait to make mine! I'll post pics when I do.

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment